About Repair Care DryFlex 2 in 1 Cartridge
DRY FLEX 2 in 1 tester cartridge holds measured amounts of Dry Flex 4 components A and B.
- It is suitable for making small to medium timber, metal stone repairs and has high adhesive qualities, able to hold its shape without slumping or sagging even before it has cured.
- It has been approved for making repairs to important and Grade I / Grade II listed buildings. and allows the building owner to retain as much as possible of original joinery.
- Ideal for sensitive conservation projects.
- Formulated to expand and contract with timber substrates and creates a watertight bond
- Also ideal for small and large splice repairs and is easy to shape and model to reproduce complex architectural forms and mouldings.
- Solvent free and virtually odourless.Extended pot life.
- A 10 year repair guarantee is available (conditions apply).
Surface Preparation and Application.
Check the moisture content of the surface (maximum 18%) -
Ensure that all decayed or excessively soft wood, and weathered, damaged or burnt wood is completely removed until a sound wood substrate is achieved- All surfaces must be free of dust, dirt, grease, raised wood fibres and general surface contamination.
Remove any paint coatings from the surfaces to be treated and sand back to bare wood.
On all timber applications, pre-treat the affected area with DRY FIX 4. removing any excess that has not penetrated with absorbent paper.
Practical Recommendations and Useful Hints
Mix the components A and B until the mixture has a homogeneous / even colour
Avoid exposing the mixed products to direct sunlight (it reduces the application period)
Spread the mixed DRY FLEX 4 in a thin layer over the mixing plate (increases the application period)
When modelling corners and large repairs, the use of Perspex acrylic strips is very effective.-
DRY FLEX can be coloured by adding a very small quantity of concentrated pigment
Repaired and exposed areas of timber should be painted or stained within one week.