Tikkurila Finngard Elastomeric Masonry Paint is formulated to bridge movement and hair line cracks in masonry up to 1.25 mm wide.
It creates a durable elastic coat with that is resilient against atmospheric conditions.
It has low water absorbability, high adhesiveness, high colour durability and good water vapour permeability.
Special reinforcement fibres ensure high mechanical strength of the coating.
• High, durable elasticity, regardless of changes in temperature (the full range of positive and negative temperatures)
• Excellent resistance to atmospheric conditions (especially precipitation, temperature fluctuations and UV radiation)
• Very low water absorbability
• Good vapor permeability
• Excellent adhesion to the surface
• Prevents the penetration and freezing of water in the crevices of the surface
• High Colour durability, colour stay brighter for longer
It is ideal for coating and redecorating:
- Rendered walls,
- Masonry, brick and block work
Finngard Elastomeric can be used for repainting surfaces previously coated with masonry paint.
Surfaces must be clean, dry, and free from grease, dirt, oil, wax, rust, loose material and surface contamination.
Repair cracks, holes and surface defects using high quality fillers such as Prestonett Exterior Filler. Remove any surface contamination and dirt by using a cleaner degreaser.
Remove any signs of mould growth by using a mould removal solution, following manufacturers instructions.
Porous and powdery surfaces should first be treated with a penetrating sealer such as Tikkurila Hydrosol to provide a sound surface to coating.
Application and Thinning
Methods: brush or spray. Polyester and nylon paint brushes are best suited for the application of Finngard Opaque.
For airless spray: use a 0.018” – 0.023” spray tip.
Thinning: if necessary by up to 10% with water.