Tikkurila Kiva Lacquer
Kiva is a waterborne, and low-odour acrylate lacquer for use on interior wooden surfaces and woodwork. The Kiva lacquer can be tinted to a beautiful range of semi-transparent colours, or can be clear for a protective lacquer coating of stained surfaces. Available in a gloss, semi-matt and matt finish.
The special non-yellowing and hard-wearing formula means it is suitable for tables, chairs, bookcases, panelled walls and ceilings, doors, toys and many more. Can be applied by brush or spray.
As with any semi-transparent products, the final colour will ultimately depend on the initial colour of the wood you are coating. We therefore recommend you do a test patch prior to applying the Kiva to the entire surface.
The Kiva Lacquer is not recommended for use on floors, but for this, you can use the Tikkurila Parquet Floor Lacquer.
The Kiva Lacquer is used by Luxury Holiday Lodges manufacturers Polar Lodges.
To find out more, and to see examples of their work, visit their website here
Preparation and Application Guidance:
- For best results ensure that the surfaces must be clean, dry, and free from grease, dirt, oil, wax, loose material and surface contamination.
- Wet new wooden surfaces with clean water so as to expose loose wood fibres, allow to dry and sand down.
- Completely remove existing coatings that are in poor condition.
- Use Tikkurila cleaning products for best results.
- Ensure to use a good quality wood filler for filling cracks, nail holes, blemishes, etc.
- Ensure all painted and filled surfaces are thoroughly sanded smooth.
Application and Thinning
Methods: brush, sponge or spray. Polyester or nylon paint brushes are best suited for the application of Kiva Interior Lacquer.
Thinning: if necessary by up to 5% with water.
All surfaces to be painted must be dry, the temperature of the air and substrate at least +10°C, and the relative humidity of the air below 80%.