Please note that due to the current Coronavirus situation, all Rust-Oleum products are subject to a 10 day lead time.
Rust-Oleum Rust-O-thane SL is a high Build self levelling polyurethane topcoat that is quick drying, chemical and heavy abrasion resistant coating for communal walkways in flat buildings, escape routes, car parks, shopping centres, schools, hotels, hospitals and other areas with heavy exposure.
Solvent free, virtually odourless
Extremely durable and long lasting
Excellent chemical, oil and grease resistance
Easy maintenance and cleaning
Anti-slip finish as an option with the addition of NS200/300 non slip additive
All surfaces should be clean, sound, dry and free from dust, dirt and other contaminants. Oils, and grease should be removed with Rust-Oleum ND14 Cleaner Degreaser. Any residual materials should be removed by acid etching, blasting or other suitable mechanical methods
Repair holes or large cracks with Pegacrete or Repair Mortars.
Ensure concrete is sound, properly cured, dry and free from curing agents and additives. Surfaces should be cleaned and fully prepared to remove grease, oils and other materials that will affect the adhesion of the topcoat. Apply 5130 Primer DSP to prepared surfaces
Remove loose, suspect or friable coatings and materials back to a firm edge and fully prepare to promote adhesion. Undertake adhesion tests to determine suitability for overcoating, necessity and selection of primer. Apply 5130 Primer DSP to prepared surfaces.
Application and Thinning
Mix the base to even consistency. Add the activator whilst stirring into the vortex and mix thoroughly, ensuring all activator material is worked away from the sides and the bottom and incorporated (use brush).
Transfer the necessary amount to an empty clean, dry plastic can and mix further to ensure thorough blending.
Spread out the necessary material over the surface and distribute evenly using a rake or trowel.
Entrapped air (may especially occur at higher coating thicknesses) must be removed within 15 min after application with a spike roller.
Scatter Rust-Oleum NS200 or NS300 Anti Slip onto the wet coating (min. 300 g/m2) to provide anti slip protection.
Rake/spreader, Do not dilute. Use RO rake for 2 blades (product number V1005) in combination with blade RO V1008 (no. 93 - d.l.d. 1000 µm).
• This product should only be applied by professional users.
• Surfaces must be dry during application otherwise curing defect will occur (i.e. sweat).
• Temperatures exceeding 25ºC will significantly reduce pot life and may give poor levelling and poor results.
• Overcoating must be carried out within the timescale overleaf otherwise it may be necessary to solvent wash or sand the first coat in order to obtain adhesion for subsequent coats.
• Walkability is normally achieved 16-24 hrs after application at ambient temperatures. Longer curing times should be allowed in cold conditions or for heavy wheeled traffic.
• Pot life: 15 - 25 minutes at 20°C.