The Unica Semi-Gloss Enamel is a superior and durable enamel paint for use on interior and exterior surfaces. Specially formulated solvent based alkyd enamel creates a beautifully smooth finish.
Can be used on a vast range of surfaces including; wood, metal, plastic, fiberglass and surfaces previously painted with alkyd or acid catalysed paints. The Unica Semi-Gloss enamel is ideal for coating doors, windows, furniture, machinery, signboards and even above the water-line on boats.
In an attractive semi-gloss finish, and available in any colour, the Unica can be applied by brush, roller or spray.
At HSP we can also put the Unica Semi-Gloss Enamel into aerosols for you too, minimum order quantity depends on colour. Please call 01793 511537 for more details.
Surface Preparation. For best results, we highly reccomend that you proceed with the following:
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease, dirt, oil, wax, rust, loose material and surface contamination.
- Treat knots and resinous areas and correct imperfections such as cracks, nail holes and blemishes with good quality fillers.
- Ensure painted and filled surfaces are thoroughly sanded.
- Due to the wide variation in plastics used, the effect of solvent and adhesion of the paint should be tested prior to painting the whole surface.
- Prime new bare wood and if necessary spot prime all bare areas on previously painted wood with Otex Adhesion Primer.
- Prime all bare metal and potential rust spots with Rostex Super.
Application and Thinning Methods: brush, short pile roller or spray. For airless spray: use a 0.009” – 0.013” (0.230 – 0.330mm) spray tip and thin by up to 20% with Spray Thinner 1032. For conventional spray: use a 1.4mm – 1.8mm fluid nozzle and thin by up to 35% with Spray Thinner 1032 (DIN 18-25 s). Note: When applying Unica Semi-Gloss Enamel by spray the dry paint film should not exceed 40µm.
A collection of handy product information brochures, painting guides, colour advice, and decorating ideas. Don't Miss Out - We regularly update this page with seasonal, up-to-date information so be sure to come back again!
We are able to supply our primers and topcoats in a vast array of colours. In addition, we are able to provide very accurate equivalent matches to the paint ranges of the well recognized trade professional and retail designer colour collections. If this were not enough, we are also able to scan and provide close matches to materials such as plastic, glass, printed colour and textiles.