About Tikkurila Miranol
Tikkurila Miranol High Gloss Paint Miranol is a super high gloss finish for interior and exterior surfaces. This solvent-based, high-gloss paint has an almost wet-look finish. Perfect for use on doors, windows, furniture, boats, machines, bicycles, signboards and can be used for re-painting surfaces previously coated with alkyd or acid catalysed paints.
- Easy to Apply
- Does not Sag
- Good Levelling Properties
- For use on a variety of surfaces: PVC, Wood, Metal, MDF, and more
- Apply by brush, spray or roller
- Can be tinted to unlimited colour options
- Also available in an aerosol
For best results using the Tikkurila Miranol, surfaces must be clean, dry, and free from grease, dirt, oil, wax, rust, loose material and surface contamination. Use Tikkurila mould removal for cleaning. Treat knots and resinous areas prior to application, and use high quality fillers for filling cracks, nail holes, blemishes, etc. Ensure that existing glossy, gloss painted and filled surfaces are thoroughly flatted down by lightly sanding the surface.
- Prime new bare wood overall and if necessary spot prime all bare areas on previously painted wood with Otex Adhesion Primer.
- Prime all bare metal and potential rust spots Rostex Super Metal Primer
Application and Thinning
Bbrush, short pile roller or spray.
For airless spray: use a 0.009" — 0.013" (0.230 — 0.330mm) spray tip and thin by up to 20%
For conventional spray: use a 1.4mm — 1.8mm fluid nozzle and thin by up to 35% with good quality white spirit.
Note: When applying Miranol by spray the dry paint film should not exceed 40pm.