Glixtone’s Fungi-Shield is a home owners dream come. For every home owner, landlord and property developer, this effective decorative emulsion is designed for areas prone to mould and bacterial growth. Once treated, the nasty bacterial growths will not return for up to 20 years (or for the life of the paint film).
Also, Unlike other anti-mould paints, Fungi-Shield does not restrict your colour choice. The coating is available in pre-mixed white and magnolia or can be tinted to any pastel colour. It also comes in a matt or a silk finish to blend in with the rest of your interior.
Fungi-Shield has a 20-year success rate. This is due to Glixtone’s innovative mixing process. Components are added in a formulated process to ensure all anti-fungal ingredients are equally bonded to the active paint components. This tried and tested method guarantees complete protection against mould, algae and fungus.
Fungi-Shield is not only good for your home, it’s also good for the environment, it is solvent and silicon free, non-toxic and low odour.
1) Firstly, you need to create a firm, clean surface. Scrape and wash the area to completely remove all traces of loose, flaky, crumbling paint.
2) Now it’s time to tackle those nasties! Grab a stiff fibre brush, brush and scrape the existing mould growth until it disappears.
3) Check your surface thoroughly! Use Prestonett Quick dry filler to repair any dents or dings. (Allow time for the filler to dry thoroughly!)
4) If the surface is glossy, rub the area with glass paper until a good key is achieved.
5) Dilute Glixtone Concentrate Sterilising Solution 5:1 with water and wash the affected areas.
Hint! If you don’t need 5 litres of the solution, mark the container into 5 equal parts and mix each with 1 litre of water as needed.
6) A stained area of mould spores may be left. Careful, these will grow back very quickly! Arm yourself with some rubber gloves, a sponge and some UNDILUTED Glixtone Concentrate Sterilising Solution and tackle that mould. Wipe the solution over all the stained areas but do not wash it off!
7) Be patient! To ensure all spores are killed and sealed from oxygen the Sterilising Solution must be fully dry.
8) It’s better to be safe than sorry! A second coat of Glixtone Sterilising Solution is recommended for areas heavily affected by mould.
9) Treat, tape and prime any metal or bare copper surfaces before beginning painting.
10) Clean your equipment thoroughly with water. Before any painting begins, you must treat tape or prime any copper and metal surfaces.
11) Remove all dust and debris from the surface.
If you would like to find out more about the Glixtone Fungi-Shield Mould Removal System, or have any other questions or queries please feel welcome to contact our friendly and knowledgeable team. Either give us a call on 01793 511537, or email email@example.com .